JIBBERISH

This is my first blog not sure what direction this is liable to take.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

GROSS

I NEVER thought before, about where I've set my purse down. And being the compulsive hand-washing, sanitizing-everything kind of person I am, I was shocked I didn't already know this ...


Bacteria on Purses: A study was performed on women's purses. A health team went to a local mall and took samples from the bottom of 50 women's purses. The purses were swabbed with cotton swabs along the entire bottom of the purses and placed into special containers. The swabs were then processed at a local laboratory. The Health Report also showed where women place their purses: public rest-rooms (on the floor beside the toilet), kitchen counters & kitchen tables, on tables & chairs in restaurants, etc. The results of the laboratory tests contained the following most serious result: 1 out of 4 purses — E COLI Other extremely serious bacteria also were listed, including Hepatitis. They recommended that women should DAILY wipe their purses (particularly the bottom) with a disinfectant wipe and to be extremely careful where you sit your purse. Most important, do NOT place your purse on a table (anywhere) where you will eat or on a kitchen counter and do not put it anywhere close to a toilet. Remember, when you flush a toilet, the spray goes a distance that is unrecognizable by the human eye. WASH YOUR HANDS as often as you can! Keep an antibacterial hand sanitizer cleaner (no water needed) in your purse and use it often! And as soon as you get home from shopping (or wherever you have been and used your purse), immediately wipe it all over with a disinfectant wipe. Repeating, this is a factual report aired today on Health News, Fox 5, Atlanta, GA. Please do your part for yourself and everyone else! As soon as I saw the report, I immediately cleaned my purse with my Clorox Antibacterial.

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 10:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had no idea that my purse was a cesspool of bacteria and viruses. But it makes sense. Matter of fact, I think I will get a new purse!

 
At July 13, 2006 10:33 PM, Blogger yoo hoo said...

GA---rosss! When I HAVE to use a public restroom, I always use my foot to flush...can't stand the touching. Blech! I have this weirdness about escalators too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home